Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kasi Yatra






This is right after the loving breakfast. This part not only cracks me up but I also think I don't get it completely, so if any of you readers out there can shed more light, please do for all our sakes.
So the idea is that Ashwin who has been a student all along (still is technically) has two alternatives before him, to get married to go away to Kasi or Varanasi as a pilgrim. Of course being the pilgrim seems easier (atleast at the outset, I wouldnt really want to be walking so many miles and eating berries and roots all my life when I could be heading to Miami!!) and so he heads off assisted by his uncle as usual, replete with umbrella, Sundarakandam (a chapter of the Ramayan for his reading pleasure, maybe to use as a pillow ??), walking stick, bamboo fan and all. Now who do you think purchased all the things he needs to go to Kasi - my mom and I ... now this has me thinking .. obviously we as a family are organising the wedding and are hoping it goes through, why encourage this pilgrimage by buying stuff to assist his yatra ? No clue...
Anyways as he heads out of the wedding hall, my father stops him and tells him about his beautiful and wonderful daughter (how true all this is is yet to be discovered!), and cajoles him into staying. Of course our man is already in love and is hoping there is no last minute glitch and that my father will indeed come to his rescue!! He did nt need much cajoling at all and was quote relieved he didnt have to undertake the ardous journey (Florida here we come!).
We exchange garlands and the deal is sealed. You can see my silly husband dodge a garland here, I feel like I should have just said very well then thank you and walked out at this point, but anyways I played along and it all ended very happily.

AFTER THE MOCK KASI YATRA - SEEKING MY PARENTS BLESSINGS FOR THE WEDDING.

ME BEING VERY AMUSED BY THE ENTIRE PROCEEDINGS

EXCHANGE OF GARLANDS : DODGING ONE



A MORE SEDATE ME ACCEPTING A GARLAND GRACIOUSLY


HAND IN HAND READY FOR THE REST OF THE WEDDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment