Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Henna 06/03/09

Getting the henna/mehendi design done on my hand. This session lasted a few hours and was really a test of my patience. The end results were great though - well worth the hours of suspended activity!
Obviously for fear of smearing the designs I was pretty much paralyzed. Here you see my cousin helping out by keeping me hydrated. Varsha is not be outdone!
And below is the end product. I let it dry for a few hours and you will see the beautifully stained hands in the wedding pictures. They say the darker the stain the more your mother in law loves you - I now know for sure my MIL truly does love me!

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't it fun watching people do all the work for u, feed u while u dried your henna? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mehndi is to die for, you are so brave to get it all the way to your upper arms...& you look soooo cute !!

    ReplyDelete