Thursday, July 2, 2009

Helping out Hapless Ashwin

Now my poor husband is only half Tamil and the archaic Tamil that the priests spoke was a huge challenge for him, so at most points I can be seen translating and making sure he was ok. This is why in several pictures he looks quite confused. Of course he is also a very austere man to begin with and to elicit a smile from him is quite the task!


While one can understand Ashwin's inability to follow the proceedings completely, I dont know why he seemed to have lost all motor skills as well! I am seen here helping with his chain and watch.


All this is not to say at all points I was very interested in the proceedings. There were several mantras throughout the ceremony, which the priest patiently explained as best as he could but after a while you do start to have ADD.

No comments:

Post a Comment